The 4 day productive week
At Bedrock, we are committed to building EdTech which has a demonstrable impact on educational outcomes. Our customers rate our literacy improvement solution and customer service as best in class.
To build such phenomenal EdTech, and to provide exceptional levels of customer service, we rely on the commitment and innovation of our team. We understand that genuine commitment is the natural consequence of a rewarding, caring and humane culture.
We have reflected deeply on what we want our working days to be like here at Bedrock. Along with a growing number of companies around the world, we have realised that being excellent at what we do is not predicated on being at our desks for as long as possible. As a team, we have decided that we work to live, not live to work.
This is why we have made the decision to try and make a 4 day working week a success. We wish to spend more time looking after our health, minds, families, friendships and the things that make us truly happy.
What does the 4 day productive week trial look like?
- Our customer support remains operational 5 days per week, 08:00 - 17:00.
- Full-time employees will reduce their working hours from 40 to 32, without any reduction in pay.
- Most employees will not work on a Friday, others will not work on a Monday.
- Parents working 32 hours per week will have their pay increased to 40 hours per week.
- We will dedicate one of our days off per quarter to voluntary work.
- The trial runs from June 2022 to November 2022.
Since its inception in 2015, Bedrock has been an innovative and exhilarating place to work. We now embark on our most exciting chapter yet. Our team have been set free from wasteful meetings, travel, disruptive emails and pervasive chat messages. They have been empowered to ignore that which detracts from our core mission: to improve literacy and learning outcomes for young people.
In exchange for committed productivity, our team has been given back one of life's most elusive and precious commodities - time.
Bedrock Learning Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.