LGBTQ+ Pride literacy activity pack
June 2022 is LGBTQ+ Pride Month! Pride Month is a great time to celebrate LGBTQ+ figures in history and in our community.
To celebrate this, we decided to highlight just some of the brilliant LGBTQ+ icons of literacy - this includes writers, poets, activists, public speakers, actors and directors.
Each LGBTQ+ icon is explored through rich Tier 2 vocabulary. This knowledge is then consolidated through four differentiated writing tasks, promoting reading comprehension, empathy, problem solving skills and creative writing skills. New ambitious vocabulary is supported by our keyword glossary.
In this literacy resource, you will find:
- Biographies of LGBTQ+ icons from history and modern day
- Nearly 50 pages of high-quality literacy content
- Differentiated writing tasks for KS3 and KS4 learners
- A bespoke Tier 2 keyword glossary focused on pride
- A celebration of diverse identities
- New, challenging vocabulary embedded in accessible language to promote understanding
With 33 unique activities, this activity pack is bound to inspire your learners throughout the final school term.
This activity pack is informed by LGBTQ+ history and constructed by teaching experts: we hope this activity pack promotes equality and boosts literacy for your learners.
Happy Pride Month 2022!