A senior leader’s guide to transforming vocabulary teaching
Is vocabulary teaching a priority across your curriculum?
If not, it should be. Strong literacy is key to comprehension and high achievement in all subjects, not just English. This guide will help to ensure your staff are fully equipped to tackle literacy gaps across the curriculum.
This guide contains:
- Why teach vocabulary? Our research base
- How to make the most of out-of-classroom learning opportunities
- How to integrate vocab learning into school displays
- Encouraging vocabulary learning at home
- Whole-school vocabulary activities
- How to track vocab learning through data