Type: Full Time
Team: Engineering Team
Supported by: Chief Technology Officer
Who are we and what drives us?
Bedrock Learning is an innovative education technology scale-up, transforming learning through literacy. Our cutting-edge platform teaches and helps hundreds of thousands of users every single day.
We are ranked as the UK’s number one solution in primary and secondary schools, our NPS is market-leading and teachers say that our platform benefits the widest population of school learners. Schools and parents rely on our impactful solutions to improve literacy and transform learner outcomes.
We are committed to each and every one of our customers, whether they’re completing a grammar quiz, reading a performance analysis report or asking us a question via support.
Our inquisitive culture drives our innovation and ensures we deliver maximum value for our users, which makes Bedrock Learning a rewarding and exhilarating place to work.
Are you a Senior Product Engineer who wants to spend the next chapter of your career building and growing in an EdTech business which has a massive impact on society? Are you ready to take your place in a team focused on significant growth, product and geographical expansion?
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help deliver the next iteration of our EdTech platform. You’ll be involved in modernising our SaaS platform and technology stack through the adoption of the cloud, and the implementation of a scalable microservice and event-driven architecture.
In this role you should have excellent problem-solving skills and possess expert knowledge of software engineering, utilising the Microsoft stack.
You’ll also need a passion for developing high-quality and scalable solutions that deliver value to our users in rapid, innovative development cycles.
Areas of responsibility
- Platform support
- Product development
Roles and responsibilities
- Write high-quality, maintainable, and secure C# code.
- Contribute to strategic architectural discussions and create technical specifications.
- Work closely with CTO to realise the technical vision and standards of the platform.
- Engage with the wider product development team to analyse requirements and provide technical insight to help refine product ideas and stories.
- Assist in transforming the platform from a monolithic architecture to a modern micro-service and event-driven architecture.
- Create and adapt frontend solutions, leveraging the experience of Angular or React.
- Effectively test and debug applications to minimise defects.
- Deploy and upgrade applications, using automated build and deployment.
- Conduct reviews and refactor code.
- Document developed solutions and operational procedures.
- Expert development skills, leveraging years of extensive .net experience.
- Proficiency in developing RESTful APIs and web applications.
- Experience in developing cloud-native applications using either Azure or Amazon AWS.
- Experience in creating front-end user experiences using either Angular or React frameworks.
- Familiarity and experience working within an Agile development environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- BSc in Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Eye for detail
- Clear evidence of commitment and a mission-driven ethos in previous roles.
Your health and wellbeing
- 4-day week trial, running November 2022 - June 2023.
- 4% annual pay rise.
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you, your partner and your children including: GP services, mental health pathway, dental and optical, enhanced hospital lists and full medical cover.
- Employee assistance programme for mental health, well-being, financial and legal support.
- Eye examination scheme.
- Hybrid working.
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Your development and kit
- £1,000 yearly personal allowance for training and development.
- Up to £3,000 personal technology allowance deployed in your first year.
- Company pension scheme.
- A vibrant company culture – read our company culture code
- Frequent company-funded social events
Please provide a CV and a cover letter with your application.
If you like the sound of this role, but find you do not fulfil every single requirement, you might still be a great candidate. If you are a woman or a person of colour, studies show you are less likely to apply for jobs where you do not meet every requirement. Bedrock Learning is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitable persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.