Location: Hybrid - Office (Cambridge) or Remote
Salary: £65,000+ DOE
Type: Full Time
Team: Product Team
Supported by: Director of Product
Are you an assessment expert who wants to be at the forefront of transforming learning through literacy in a high-growth EdTech company?
This opportunity will appeal to a talented and driven assessment expert who is ready to take a senior role in a high-growth organisation.
Working directly with the Directors of Education and Product, CEO, content team and technology partners, your mission is to lead on how Bedrock measures and demonstrates educational impact through our products. As Head of Assessment, you will be at the heart of delivering on our ambitious roadmap, using your insights to help shape product development. The work you do will help improve educational outcomes for children and provide learning insights to help teachers shape their practice.
Who are we and what drives us?
Bedrock Learning is an innovative education technology scale-up, transforming learning through literacy. Schools and parents rely on our impactful solutions to improve learner outcomes.
Our cutting-edge platform teaches and helps hundreds of thousands of users every single day. We are committed to each and every one of them, whether they’re completing a grammar quiz, reading an impact report or asking us a question via support.
Our inquisitive culture drives maximum value for our users, which makes Bedrock a rewarding and exhilarating place to work.
What you'll be doing
- Producing adaptive assessments to determine markers of progress
- Working with in-house experts to develop a Bedrock assessment framework across the suite of products
- Working at product level to create other appropriate assessments
- Producing validity arguments and garnering support from suitable academic experts in the field
- Playing a key role in product ideation, discovery and development as appropriate
- Carrying out learning data analysis as required by the business
- Building a team of data scientists and assessment experts to report directly into you
- Working with the Head of Product Design to ensure an engaging learning experience
Requirements for the role
- Extensive experience in designing valid and reliable assessments to inform learning and/or teaching practice
- Expertise in assessment of reading and/or language skills
- Relevant undergraduate degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Deep knowledge of assessment validation models and their application
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to build and lead a multidisciplinary team
- A master’s in a relevant field is desirable
Your health and wellbeing
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you, your partner and children including: GP services, mental health pathway, dental and optical, enhanced hospital lists and full medical cover
- Employee assistance programme for mental health, wellbeing, financial and legal support
- Eye examination scheme
- Hybrid working
- Additional holiday available above 33 days
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- £1,000 a year personal allowance for training and development
- Exciting, high-growth company with opportunity to progress rapidly
- Company pension scheme
- A vibrant company culture - read our company culture code
- Team-building Fridays, including free lunch
- Frequent company-funded social events