Salary: £5 per word completed, or £200 per 30-word topic completed
Team: Product Team
Are you a teacher or ex-teacher with subject knowledge to share? Are you interested in developing online and remote learning content? Do you want to be at the forefront of transforming learning through literacy in a high-growth EdTech company? Join Bedrock Learning as a freelance EdTech Content Creator and turn your expertise into amazing educational content for learners in our EdTech solution, Bedrock Mapper.
Who are we and what drives us?
Bedrock Learning is an innovative education technology scale-up, transforming learning through literacy. Schools and parents rely on our impactful solutions to improve learner outcomes. Our cutting-edge platform teaches and helps hundreds of thousands of users every single day. We are committed to each and every one of them, whether they’re completing a grammar quiz, reading an impact report or asking us a question via support. Our inquisitive culture drives maximum value for our users, which makes Bedrock a rewarding and exhilarating place to work. Read our company culture code.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing definitions for subject-specific keywords for Bedrock Mapper, based on topics for KS3 and KS4 for a variety of exam boards
- Ensuring the content is written using accessible language for our learners Identifying suitable imagery to demonstrate keywords
- Managing your workload to meet deadlines
- Training will be provided on how to format and present this learning content for Bedrock learners
What subject specialisms are we looking for?
- Food preparation and nutrition
- Design and Technology
- Health and Social care
- Resistant materials
- Business Studies
- Media Studies
- Computer science
- Travel and tourism
- Public Services
- Modern foreign languages
- Ancient history
- Child development
- Fine art
- Graphic communication
Requirements for the role
- Immaculate spelling, punctuation and grammar – This is an educational platform, and we want to show our students accurate content at all times
- Meticulous eye for detail – Our learning content is high quality, and you will be responsible for maintaining this
- Experience in the classroom – You should have excellent subject knowledge and be comfortable with high-level, subject-specific terminology and keywords
- Experienced using Google Workspace
- Comfortable adapting to new technologies
Apply below. Make sure to specify which subject specialism you would like to apply for in your application. Please note, a small technical task may be set if we think your application shows potential.