Location: Hybrid - Office (Cambridge) or Remote
Type: Full Time
Team: Product Team
Supported by: CEO
Are you a Chief Technology Officer who wants to spend the next chapter of your career building and growing in an EdTech business which has a massive impact on society? Are you ready to take your place in a team focused on significant growth, product and geographical expansion?
Who are we and what drives us?
Bedrock Learning is an innovative education technology scale-up, transforming learning through literacy. Our cutting-edge platform teaches and helps hundreds of thousands of users every single day.
We are ranked as the UK’s number one solution in primary and secondary schools, our NPS is market-leading and teachers say that our platform benefits the widest population of school learners. Schools and parents rely on our impactful solutions to improve literacy and transform learner outcomes.
We are committed to each and every one of them, whether they’re completing a grammar quiz, reading an impact report or asking us a question via support.
Our inquisitive culture drives our innovation and ensures we deliver maximum value for our users, which makes Bedrock a rewarding and exhilarating place to work.
What you'll be doing
- Innovate, build and lead on our technological growth opportunities. The journey ahead will grow the business by at least 7x, fuelled by product and geographical expansion
- Scale our engineering, IT and data teams to ensure our product features have a massive educational and social impact
- Develop a scalable, powerful and sophisticated technology platform and vision to fuel growth, increase value and deliver maximum impact for customers
- EdTech is uniquely placed to improve learning outcomes due to the power of spaced retrieval, desirable difficulties and powerful pedagogy to reduce memory loss and aid understanding. After 7 years of stunning customer and product growth, now is the time to deploy machine learning technologies and capabilities to enhance our product and business operations
- Nurture a culture based on our values of innovation, commitment, inquisitiveness and productivity
- You have a proven track record of delivering exceptional growth through building great products with strong execution and leadership. You are highly productive and deliver
- Proven experience in successfully deploying machine learning/artificial intelligence into a SaaS based product. Bedrock has opened up and created its own marketplace with its creative and innovative products, and now is the time to build cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum impact for our customers
- You have a customer-centric approach to building beautiful products, underpinned by empathy, inquisitiveness and market intelligence.
- You are a leader, with a growth mindset who is able to build productive teams, whilst nurturing relationships and a healthy, human culture
- You are a strategic, data-driven problem solver who can own the software development cycle, using agile methodologies. Your logical and methodical mind is able to break down complex and daunting technological epics into manageable, deliverable and ambitious sprints
Benefits: your health and wellbeing
- Company stock options in the Enterprise Investment Management Scheme, worth six figures today and projected to grow by at least 7x by 2027
- 4-day week trial, running June 2022 - November 2022
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you, your partner and children including: GP services, mental health pathway, dental and optical, enhanced hospital lists and full medical cover
- Employee assistance programme for mental health, wellbeing, financial and legal support
- Eye examination scheme
- Hybrid working
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Your development and kit
- £1,000 yearly personal allowance for training and development
- Up to £5,000 personal technology allowance deployed in year one
- Company pension scheme
- A vibrant company culture – read our company culture code
- Frequent company-funded social events
Bedrock Learning is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.