Salary: £30,000 to £55,000, DOE
Type: Full time, permanent
We seek an experienced UX designer to help us build beautiful, impactful and human learning experiences for our students.
- Additional holiday available above 33 days (to be taken in school holidays)
- Exciting, high-growth company with opportunity to progress rapidly
- Company pension scheme
- City centre location
- Fresh coffee every day
- Friday lunch
- Dress down Fridays
- Minimum of three years industry experience
- Experience in UI development and prototyping in a variety of platforms, such as web and Android
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
- An online portfolio showing experience designing web or mobile applications
- Experience of leading the design of EdTech applications for web or mobile
- A track record of making an impact on successful applications
- The ability to communicate complicated interactions in a simple, beautiful way
- Experience using data to inform decision making
- A proven ability to lead on communicating conceptual ideas into a user-first design process
- Design for online learning and data visualisation
- Turn ideas, concepts and features into prototypes before build
- Understand the needs of users, collating requirements and translating these into user journeys and interfaces
- Manage project deliverables and timelines
- Test solutions and theories by working with various stakeholders
About our UX design job
A bit about us – READ OUR COMPANY CULTURE CODE
At Bedrock Learning, we believe the scale of opportunity in EdTech is limited only by our imaginations. Learning is a human need, a birthright essential to society. As the role of artificial intelligence and powerful online learning experiences across devices and browsers becomes the norm in education, innovators in this space can look forward to interesting and rewarding new horizons. Education is at the precipice of an EdTech revolution, and Bedrock Learning is helping to fuel this change.
Bedrock Learning is an online literacy and English curriculum for schools and parents. It harnesses the power of adaptive technology to improve literacy outcomes for students from years 3 – 13. Founded by English teachers, it offers a time-saving, self-marking, ready-made curriculum for schools and parents. Our suite of learning products has grown significantly since our inception in 2015, and our development roadmap is ambitious and disruptive, with a tranche of disruptive learning and data analysis products currently under development.
As a UX designer at Bedrock, you’ll help to ensure that the learning and reporting experience for students, teachers and parents is inspiring, impactful and innovative. We strive to understand our users’ needs, behaviours and feelings to inform our product strategy and design. You will work collaboratively to solve complex educational challenges and design solutions which make using our technology fun and effortless, with market-leading appeal. Your work will touch hundreds of thousands of students, teachers and parents. Your design leadership will help us to create literate, confident humans.